Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Letter of 16 Feb 2004

16th February 2004
To my beloved sons: Kong Chong, Kong Hin, and Kong Bing

Dear Sons, I hope you find the candour of my letter of 17th January a good thing for everyone, and that what I wrote have been relevant. I shall try to continue to write to you, who I am aware are mature, successful, and intelligent adults in your own rights, including rights to your own minds, with a view to achieving some form of a truly open and meaningful communication. This is easier said than done, as many parents either never tried or were unable to communicate with their children at an acceptable and intellectually challenging level.

Although what I shall be writing about will be mostly simple, common-sense everyday home truths that we are at times "too busy" to talk and be reminded about, again this is easier said than done. The truth is that as your loving mother and I are approaching the evening of our lives, communication has become all important and of considerable urgency. Not about money, but something of no less significance and far more enduring. We want to feel that our sons are gentlemen and genial men of character and integrity, besides being also worldly wise enough to make a comfortable living in a competitive world .

Wishing you continued success and with deepest love,

No comments: